While COVID-19 is closing down the entire country, it is important to pay close attention to the health and well-being of your children.
You, your family, and your kids can stop the spread by doing the following:
- Wash hands for at least 30 seconds using soap and water
- Avoid anyone who is sneezing, coughing, or showing other signs of illness
- Disinfect and clean common areas such as light switches, remotes, and doorknobs
- Launder washable toys following the manufactures instructions
- Practice social distancing
- Limit time with others
- Postpone visits with high-risk people such as grandparents and older family members
According to Dr. Mike Morris from Powell Pediatrics, the key to slowing the spread of the virus is to limit play contact while school is not in session.
There should not be any play dates with any others that are not from your household. Make sure your children understand the six feet distance rule as well.